Saint Patrick’s Day seemed like the perfect excuse to make some green pistachio muffins. I celebrated my 12.5% Irish heritage well with these delicious babies 😛
They are SUPER moist (ew I hate that word) and dense, which is how I love my muffins. The pieces of pistachio add such a nice texture, and the almond extract gives it the signature… yet not authentic…. pistachio flavor 🙂
Makes 4 large muffins
1/2 cup softened butter (or coconut oil)
Green food coloring (can omit this)
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or any granulated sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened coconut but any kind works)
1 1/3 cup flour (I used all purpose)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line/ grease a muffin tin.
- Cream the butter and green food coloring until combined. Add the sugar and cream until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and the extracts and mix until combined.
- Add the milk, flour, baking powder, and pistachios. I reserved 1 Tbsp to top the muffins with.
- Pour into the prepared tin. It made 4 large muffins for me.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400, and then drop the temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10 minutes or until set. If you are making regular muffins and not large ones, adjust the time!